Day 131

Day 131 - Finishing the job.

Introduction:

             Leaving things unfinished is simply not my style.  I was determined to finish the yard today no matter what.  I was also determined to ensure that I get health supplements, a scale, and a laundry basket for myself, because I was tired of carrying my clothes up and down the stairs without a basket.  Self love in practice.


Photos today:

             Just some things I saw today...






















Dream Log:


             I remember fragments of my dreams.  There were visions of me cutting down spider's nests and ant's nest.  I must have still been thinking about my yard work.  Perhaps I was feeling guilt for displacing (or killing) all of those ants and spiders.  There was a fragment of a dream about driving with the Lady on a road trip and having a good time.  I miss her.  A lot.


Changing the way I think:

             Sometimes the day isn't very eventful, but we can choose to make things more exciting and interesting.  For starters, I couldn't wait to go down the stairs and do the yard.  My roommate wanted to go to the farmer's market, but I didn't want to go.  But then I realized that sometimes it isn't just about me.  I went with him and found out about the farmer's market, their available products, and store hours.  Upon our return, I went ahead and finished cutting the grass.
             I noticed there were a lot of weeds on the side, and so I began to pull out the weeds.  As I began weeding, I felt motivated to pull more and more, until I became dedicated to weeding out the entire backyard.  I pulled out many plants and discovered that a lot of my weeds were coming from next door, as my neighbors are young men who lease a home and don't care for the yard.  I knocked on my neighbor's door asked for their approval to go into their yard to complete the job.  I spent a good 30 minutes taking out 3 unwanted trees which were at least an inch thick in stem.
         


             After I came home, I was pumped, so I proceeded to go to the gym for my work out. 
             I sent a message to my trainer, requesting his instructions for my second week's workout.  I also requested to know when I could meet with him for more training
             I decided to go and buy some health supplements, as this was mentioned in my diet instructions.  I also purchased a laundry basket and ordered a scale for myself.  These are things which I need to continue living a healthy lifestyle.
             Previously my mindset would have been to remain frugal and not spend on such things, but now I feel it is important to invest in myself because I haven't done so for so long.  Even though it is going to cost me, I know that my health is worth the investment.

Achievements today:

               1.  Continued incline work out.  Maintained diet.  Walked to 10000 steps with 5 lb weights.
               2.  Purchased health supplements.
               3.  Contacted instructor, ready for week 2 of training.

Images today:


                  Incline only.                                                                           Walk after incline.






















Schedule today:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 124

Day 123

Reflection, Days 120, 121, 122, and 123.