Day 127

Day 127 - Making amends

Introduction:

                Making immediate and direct amends is part of pretty much every spiritual healing program I know of.  The longer you hold it in, the worst it gets.  The longer you make someone wait, the less likely they will be willing to listen to you.  Freeing the body, mind, and soul of this stress is the best thing I can do for myself.   I do my best, and the rest is up to the powers that be.

Changing how I think:

                I spent most of my day walking around.  I clocked in at 8000 steps today, but I think today's goal should be 12500 steps.  I was supposed to meet with my trainer but they told me an emergency had happened - death in the family.  I offered my condolences and wished them the best.  I did ask when the best time would be to contact them, since their mind must be occupied with other things right now.
                So with free time available to me now, I could have skipped on training, but decided I will still do my incline training.  Not only that, I will add to it.  I've noticed in the last two days that walking on the incline has gotten significantly easier.  One way to really challenge myself now is to do the incline work out with dumbbells, which is what I am going to do today.  I will start with the lightest dumbbell set I can find.  I found out that after about 0.25 miles, the dumbbells were starting to hurt my arms so I stopped with them, but 0.25 miles is better than 0 miles.

                I made a big decision today to contact the Lady.  Every web site about male and female relationships says you should wait 30-120 days before doing so.  The problem is that we did not break up on good terms, mostly because of MY actions.  To own up to MY wrongdoing, I needed to make IMMEDIATE amends.  To demonstrate the willingness to change, I offered everything I was doing in an open book by linking her this blog.

                She could have blocked me, but it doesn't matter.  I did what I believed to be the right thing to do - write from the heart.  I wrote with sincerity and honesty, and I hope she reads it and sees that I am not who I was a week ago.  I expect her to be skeptical of my lack of consistency.  After all, just last week I behaved like a completely different person.

                However, this will be the last time she (or anyone else) will see that.  I am resolved to commit to my changes, and nothing will stop me.  I will only get better, not worse.


Achievements today
    1.  Successfully completed and maintained training program.
    2.  Challenged myself by adding to what I am already doing (dumbbells).
    2.  Reached out and formally apologized to the Lady.  I am not expecting a response (this is a significant change from my previous way of thinking).

Internal thoughts:

    1. I wonder if I can take on and win some money at HealthyWage.com...I just have to lose weight,
right?



Photos today:

Incline work out followed by walking to 10000 steps.






















Schedule today:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 124

Day 123

Reflection, Days 120, 121, 122, and 123.