Day 125


Day 125 -  Rewiring

Introduction:
                It’s amazing the amount of potential is unleashed when we go from thinking negative to thinking positive.  When I stop wasting time beating myself up, I find there is plenty of more time to invest in building myself up.    

Changing how I think:
                I woke up ready to take on the world.  Whether this was the result of exercise or being freed from my previously negative attitude, I wasn’t sure.  What I do know is that I jumped out of bed, did my morning routine, and went to the refrigerator to get my food.   It was the first day of my new meal plan, so when I looked at the two containers of food I had prepared, I could feel hesitance and negativity trying to sway me.  I redirected the thoughts and grabbed a spoon.  I portioned my food and promised myself I would follow the diet strictly.  I wanted change.  I wanted results.  I was willing to try anything.
                My meal plan said I could eat every 2-3 hours.  During my 90 minute drive to work, I planned out how I was going to eat.  I knew that I would need to stop by a convenience store to get hard boiled eggs.  I made a mental note that next week I would either prepare or acquire a supply of these ahead of time rather than waste money and time daily to pick these up.  I knew I was missing part of the meal plan, and I allotted time during my work day to go out and pick it up along with supplies for the office. 
                One aspect of the meal plan was to drink a gallon of water.   My co-worker asked why I bought a single gallon jug along with the 3x 24-packs of bottled water.  I explained that I had to drink a gallon of water a day, according to the diet plan.  He didn’t think that it was possible, but then I told him about how we drank many canteens full of water during our day at boot camp.  Drinking a gallon of water was not something I had never done before, and it made sense. 
                The greatest challenge today was to get up at 4:30AM, work a 10 hour day, come home, and work out all while drinking a gallon of water and sticking to the meal plan.   There is no dairy, sugar, or juice allowed on this diet.  There are 5 meals a day as well.  Throughout the day I repeatedly suppressed my negativity or redirected it, encouraging myself that this was not anything out of the ordinary.
                As I make this video, it is the end of the day and I have successfully completed a work day while maintaining the diet.  I didn’t collapse.  I didn’t throw up.  I feel great.
                I think back to just a few days ago, before I took the action to make any changes in my life.
             
              In under a week, I already feel better and have greater confidence.  There’s no going back now.


Achievements today:
    1.  Stuck to meal plan.
    2.  Drank 1 gallon of water.
    3.  Completed work out assignment.
    4.  Shopped for meals for rest of week.
    5.  Completed all of the above in addition to 10 hour work week.
   
Internal thoughts:
    1.  Why didn’t I do this sooner?
    2.  It’s never too late.  Where there is a will there is a way.    


Photos today:

    Incline work out.

























Schedule today:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 123

Day 127

Day 124