Day 173

Day 173:  Soul searching

         Being by yourself is not the way to go.  Sometimes it's time to push new limits and meet new people.  They say it's a good idea to get a new hobby.

         I found a running club that met this morning.  I figured, what's the harm in working out before the run?  So I hit the gym and lifted some weights before joining the runner's club.

         The lesson I learned is that when you're trying to run long distances with hills, it's not a good idea to hit the gym beforehand.  Also, bring a bottle of water.  I didn't expect to do 5-6 miles, but that's what we did.  That's much more than my usual treadmill workout. 


          I made it to the end, but I was the last to make it there.  It looks like I will need to do some training in running and endurance if I want to keep up with these distance runners!

          Why the heck not?  I'm in the gym anyway.  I will up my daily training with more treadmill time.  Besides, I've been looking for ways to lose more weight.  I am not at the size I want to be  yet.
         

            Still, that's quite a change, isn't it?  You can see my fat gut hanging over in the picture on the left.  What a mess I was.  Is it any wonder the lady dumped me?

            It's a pity she won't want me back.  I screwed up.  But that is another story.

            Let's see if I can hit my target weight of 140 lbs or less.

            Until then, stay inspired everyone, and don't give up.          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection, Days 120, 121, 122, and 123.

Day 122

Day 124